- As I follow Jesus one day at
a time, He will keep me in the center of God's will.
- Jesus is my way. I don't
need any other road map.
- I will look to see what God
says and how He works in the Scriptures. I will make my decisions and
evaluate my experiences based on biblical principles.
- The Bible is my guide for
faith and practice.
- The right question is, What is God's will?
- Watch to see where God is
working and join Him.
- God is always at work around
- To be a servant of God I
must be moldable and I must remain in the Master's hand.
- Apart from God, I can do
- With God working through me,
I can do anything God can do.
- When I find out where the
Master is, then I know that is where I need to be.
- I come to know God by
experience as I obey Him and He accomplishes His work through me.
- God reveals what He is about
- The revelation becomes an
invitation to join Him.
- I can't stay the way I am and
go with God.
- God is able to do anything He
pleases with one ordinary person fully consecrated to Him.
- God's standards of excellence
are different from man's.
- To know and do the will of
God, I must deny self and return to a God-centered life.
- I must reorient my life to
- I must focus my life on
God's purposes not my own plans.
- I must seek to see from
God's perspective rather than from my own distorted human perspective.
- I must wait until God shows
me what He is about to do through me.
- I will watch to see what God
is doing around me and join Him.
- Do things God's way.
- God will accomplish more in
six months through a person yielded to Him than we could do in 60 years
- I am God's servant. I adjust
my life to what He is about to do.
- Understanding what God is about
to do where I am is more important than telling God what I want to do for
- God's revelation of His
activity is an invitation for me to adjust my life to Him and join in His
- "I seek at the
beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own
in regard to a given matter."
- "I do not leave the
result to feeling or simple impression."
- "I seek the Will of
the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God."
- God has not changed. He
still speaks to His people.
- If I have trouble hearing
God speak, I am in trouble at the very heart of my Christian experience.
- God speaks by the Holy
Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal
Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
- Knowing God's voice comes
from an intimate love relationship with God.
- The moment God speaks to me
is the very moment God wants me to respond to Him.
- The moment God speaks to me
is God's timing.
- God develops my character
to match the assignment He has for me.
- He has a right to interrupt
my life. He is Lord. When I accepted Him as Lord, I gave Him the right to
help Himself to my life any time He wants.
- My Christian life depends on
the quality of my love relationship to God.
- God created me for a love
relationship with Him.
- Everything God says and does
is an expression of love.
- A love relationship with God
is more important than any other single factor in my life.
- To be loved by God is the
highest relationship, the highest achievement, and the highest position in
- God did not create me for
time; He created me for eternity.
- I will let my present be
molded and shaped by what I am to become in Christ.
- "Seek first his kingdom
and his righteousness."
- I will make sure I am
investing in things that are lasting.
- Only He can guide me to
invest my life in worthwhile ways.
- When my relationship is as
it ought to be, I will always be in fellowship with the Father.
- I will make the priority in
my life to come to love Him with all my heart.
- I will have my quiet time
because I know Him and love Him, not in order to learn about Him.
- In this love relationship,
God always takes the initiative.
- I do not choose Him. He
chooses me, loves me, and reveals His eternal purposes for my life.
- I cannot know the activity of
God unless He takes the initiative to let me know.
- The relationship God wants
to have with me will be real and personal.
- God's whole plan for the
advance of the Kingdom depends on His working in real and practical ways
through His personal relationship with His people.
- Knowing God only comes
through experience as He reveals Himself to me.
- I know God more intimately
as He reveals Himself to me through my experiences with Him.
- Obedience is the outward
expression of my love of God.
- If I have an obedience
problem, I have a love problem.
- God is love. His will is
- God is all-knowing. His
directions are always right.
- God is all-powerful. He can
enable me to do His will.
- All of God's commands are
expressions of His nature of love.
- When God gives a
commandment, He is not restricting me. He is freeing me.
- If I love Him, I will obey
- God is at work in the
- God takes the initiative to
involve me in His work.
- God must take the
initiative to open my spiritual eyes, so I can see what He is doing.
- When I see the Father at
work around me, that is my invitation to adjust
my life to Him and join Him in that work.
- God's revelation is my
invitation to join Him.
- A tender and sensitive
heart will be ready to respond to God at the slightest prompting.
- Pray and watch to see what
God does next.
- Make the connection. Ask
probing questions. Listen.
- God speaks when He is about
to accomplish His purposes.
- What God initiates, He
If I do not know when God is speaking, I am in trouble at
the heart of my Christian life!
- God speaks to His people.
- That God spoke to
people is far more important than how He spoke.
- When God spoke, it was
usually unique to that individual.
- When God spoke, the person
was sure it was God.
- When God spoke, the person
knew what God said.
- When God spoke, that was the
encounter with God.
- If I do not have clear
instructions from God in a matter, I will pray and wait. I will not try to
bypass the love relationship.
- An encounter with the Holy
Spirit is an encounter with God.
- I understand spiritual
truth because the Holy Spirit is working in my life.
- When I come to the Word of
God, the Author Himself is present to instruct me.
- I never discover
truth, truth is revealed.
- God's revelations are
designed to bring me into a love relationship with Him.
- God reveals Himself to
increase my faith.
- God reveals His purposes so
I will do His work.
- God reveals His ways so I
can accomplish His purposes.
- God speaks uniquely to
individuals, and He can do it in any way He pleases.
- When God speaks to me, I
will recognize His voice and follow Him.
- I cannot understand
spiritual truth unless the Spirit of God reveals it.
- He is more interested in
what I become than what I do.
- When the God of the universe
tells me something important, I should write it down.
- Truth is a Person.
- Prayer is two-way
communication with God.
- Prayer is a relationship,
not just a religious activity.
- I need to make sure that my
only desire is to know God's will.
- Oh, God, if I ever give You a request and You have more to give me than I am
asking, cancel my request.
- Only the Spirit of God
knows what God is doing or purposing in my life.
- God will let me know what
He is doing in my life when and if I need to know.
- Sometimes God's silences
are due to sin.
- Sometimes God is silent as
He prepares to bring me into a deeper understanding of Himself.
- God used circumstances to
reveal to Jesus what He was to do.
- Jesus watched circumstances
to know where the Father wanted to involve Him in His work.
- To understand my bad or
difficult circumstances, God's perspective is vital.
- Never, ever determine the
truth of a situation by looking at the circumstances.
- I cannot know the truth of
my circumstance until I have heard form God.
- The Holy Spirit takes the
Word of God and reveals God's perspective on the circumstance.
- In a decision-making time
my greatest difficulty may not be choosing between good and bad, but
choosing between good and best.
- Two words in the
Christian's language cannot go together. No, Lord.
- God works in sequence to
accomplish His divine purposes.
- When God gets ready for me
to take a new step or direction in His activity, it will be in sequence
with what He has already been doing in my life.
- A spiritual marker
identifies a time of transition, decision, or direction when I clearly
know that God has guided me.
- A church is a body. It is
the body of Christ!
- Jesus Christ is present as
Head of a local church.
- Every member is placed in
the body as it pleases God.
- God made us mutually
interdependent. We need each other.
- Apart from the body, I
cannot fully know God's will for my relationship to the body.
- Every member needs to be
listening to what the other members are saying.
- As I function in
relationship to the church, I depend on others in the church to help me
understand God's will.
- When God invites me to join
Him in His work, He has a God-size assignment for me.
- How I live my life is a
testimony of what I believe about God.
- When God tells me what He
wants to do through me. I will face a crisis of belief.
- When God speaks, my
response requires faith.
- Faith is confidence that
what God has promised or said will come to pass.
- Sight is an opposite of
- Faith must be in a Person.
- Before I call myself, my
family, or my church to exercise faith, I must be sure I have heard a word
- When God lets me know what
He wants to do through me, it will be something only God can do.
- What I believe about Him
will determine what I do.
- The kind of assignments God
gives are God-sized.
- When God's people and the
world see something only God can do, they come to know God.
- Let people see the
difference that a living Christ makes in a life, a family, or a church;
that will make a difference in how they respond to the gospel.
- What I do reveals what I
believe about God, regardless of what I say.
- What I believe about God
will determine what I do and how I live.
- Faith without action is
- Genuine faith is
demonstrated by action.
- God has planned something
far better for people of faith.
- Don't grow weary in being
faithful. A reward awaits faithful servants.
- When God speaks to me,
revealing what He is about to do, that revelation is my invitation to
adjust my life to God.
- Adjustments prepare me for
- I cannot stay where I am
and go with God.
- My greatest single
difficulty in following God may come at the point of the adjustment.
- No one can sum up all God
is able to accomplish through one solitary life, wholly yielded, adjusted,
and obedient to Him!
- God is interested in my
absolute surrender to Him as Lord.
- I adjust to a Person.
- Adjustments are well worth
the reward of experiencing God.
- The God who calls me is
also the one who will enable me to do His will.
- Obedience is costly to me
and those around me.
- I cannot know and do the
will of God without paying the price of adjustment and obedience.
- I must adjust my plans and
program to what God is doing.
- My obedience is costly to
those around me.
- I can trust God to care for
- Don't deny others the
opportunity to sacrifice for the Lord.
- I need to trust Christ to
communicate with His people.
- Lord, whatever you may ask
of me today or in the future, my answer is yes!
- Obedience requires total
dependence on God to work through me.
- "IT" never works!
- The key is my relationship
to a Person.
- Through me He will do more
in days and weeks than I could ever accomplish in years of labor. Waiting
on Him is always worth the wait.
- Fervent prayer will be one
of the most demanding things I ever do.
- My church needs to be a